“F” is for FORGIVENESS. We cannot have eternal life and heaven without God’s forgiveness.
In Him [Jesus], we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. (Ephesians 1:7a)
“A” is for AVAILABLE. Forgiveness is available.
Forgiveness is available for all…
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
…but not automatic.
Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord,” shall enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 7:21a)
“I” is for IMPOSSIBLE. It is impossible for God to allow sin into heaven.
- God is love. (John 3:16)
- God is just. “For judgment is without mercy” (James 2:13a).
- Man is sinful. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
Question: But how can a sinful person enter heaven, where God allows no sin?
“T” is for TURN.
Question: If you were driving down the road and someone asked you to turn, what would s/he be asking you do to? To change direction.
To turn means to repent.
- TURN from something—from sin and self. “But unless you repent you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3b).
- TURN to Someone—trust Christ only. The Bible tells us that “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3b–4).
“If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
“H” is for HEAVEN
Heaven is eternal life:
- Here. “I have come that they have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10b).
- Hereafter. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:3).
- How? How can a person have God’s forgiveness, heaven and eternal life, and Jesus as personal Savior and Lord? Explain based on leaflet picture, F.A.I.T.H. (Forsaking All I Trust Him) and Romans 10:9.